Public bug reported:

Print dialog show all printers discovered by Avahi, this is a good idea
for home usage but very bad idea for large office with many printers, I
think this functionality should be configurable

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        14.04
Codename:       trusty

** Affects: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Print dialog show all printers discovered by Avahi, this is a good idea
  for home usage but very bad idea for large office with many printers, I
  think this functionality should be configurable
+
+ Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
+ Release:      14.04
+ Codename:     trusty

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Large printers list in print dialog

Status in “gtk+3.0” package in Ubuntu: