CurrentDesktop: X-Cinnamon
Date: Tue Jun  5 23:07:11 2018
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
SourcePackage: lightdm
mtime.conffile..etc.pam.d.lightdm: 2018-05-27T21:23:23.664631

** Affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  The second user cannot start their session, login screen has low
  resolution

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  The first user can start their session successfully with autologin.
  When I try to switch to the second user, the login screen has very low
  resolution and it cannot start the secondary user session. I tried to
  change the value of the autologin user, than the other user session
  start well, but the original user session failed. That's why I think
  this is not a user related error, always the second user session fail,
  does not matter which one is the first user. The only differences
  between the default settings that passwordless login switch on the pam
  config and use nvidia-340 driver instead of noveau. The strange thing
  that this lightdm config works well with noveau driver, the problem
  with noveau driver that the video playing freeze the computer.
  Previously lightdm and nvidia driver work well on 16.04. This is a
  clean install not an upgrade from 16.04. I think the problem somewhere
  virtual X terminals handled by ligthDm.

  Package: lightdm 1.26.0-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.1