I checked once more to be sure, artful (and later) is ok

** Changed in: slang2 (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: newt (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: slang2 (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: byobu (Ubuntu Xenial)

** No longer affects: newt (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: byobu (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: byobu (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: byobu (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Dustin Kirkland  (kirkland) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: newt (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: slang2 (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: slang2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to newt in Ubuntu.

  byobu-config segfault with screen backend

Status in byobu package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in newt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in slang2 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in slang2 source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in byobu package in Debian:

  [Impact]

   * Backport Debian fix for a crash in byobu due to libslang2

  [Test Case]

   * byobu-screen
   * in there hit F9 or start byobu-config
   * without the fix this crashes

  [Regression Potential]

   * This is changing a libs implementation and
      $ reverse-depends src:slang2 -r xenial
     is quite a long list. OTOH this is somewhat ok as the change is in
     Debian and Ubuntu for more than three releases now and nothing around
     it seems to have totally broken.
     Never the less the biggest risk I see is something unexpected in one of
     the other libslang2 users.

  [Other Info]

   * n/a

  ---

  When running byobu with the screen backend byobu-config segfaults when
  trying to open it by pressing F9.

  Steps to reproduce.

  1. Configure byobu to use screen for the backend
  2. Press F9 to open the configuration menu
  3. The console flashes then returns to your shell window.

  Running byobu-config manually within a byobu screen session shows it's
  segfaulting. It does not crash running it outside of screen.

  byobu:
    Installed: 5.101-0ubuntu1~wily
    Candidate: 5.101-0ubuntu1~wily
    Version table: