Hello Glennz,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with the layout in
"Natty" version of Ubuntu.

You made this bug report in 2011 and there have been several versions of
Ubuntu and Thunderbird since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
Or, if it is still a problem, could you run the following (only once):
apport-collect 878667

and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for
this particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and Thunderbird better.

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  Some Ubuntu apps look poorly integrated

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu apps started to look less integrated in Natty, but in Oneiric it´s
just terrible.
  Ubuntu One, Firefox, Thunderbird, Ubuntu Software Center, Nautilus, Settings
Manager, they all look very different.
  Ubuntu One and USC looked fine a while ago, TB and FF use Xul so they are
harder to integrate (but still), Nautilus looks weird because the toolbar got
black, Settings Manager might be a GNOME3 problem.
  It gives Ubuntu a very unprofessional touch to it and we are becoming the
next "That Redmond OS" in this way.
  I hope there is a way to fix it.

  Package: ubuntu-desktop 1.245
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686