Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.
** Changed in: console-setup (Ubuntu Bionic)
Status: New => Confirmed
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to console-setup in Ubuntu.
Alternative shortcut for layout switching Alt+Shift unexpectedly set
Status in console-setup package in Ubuntu:
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
Status in console-setup source package in Bionic:
Status in gnome-control-center source package in Bionic:
Version: Ubuntu 18.04 Final Beta with default Gnome Shell included in
Steps to reproduce:
1. Define two keyboard input methods in Settings -> Region & Language ->
2. Open several applications
3. Observe that application windows can be iterated with Alt + Tab
4. Once application window iteration was begun with Alt + Tab, try to iterate
backwards with Alt + Shift + Tab.
5. Try to change keyboard input method switching hotkeys in Settings ->
Region & Language -> Input Sources -> Options.
6. Observe that Keyboard shortcut for "Alternative switch to next source" is
set to "Alt + Shift" and that keyboard shortcuts can only be changed in
Settings -> Devices -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
7. Observe that the shortcut for "Alternative switch to next source" is not
available for configuration in Settings -> Devices -> Keyboard -> Keyboard
* Performing step 4 does not select the previous app in application switcher
but instead changes keyboard input method.
* The shortcut for "Alternative switch to next source" can be changed and /
or deactivated in Settings -> Devices -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
* The above was working fine in Ubuntu 17.10. I assume "Alternative switch to
next source" did not exist in that version of Gnome Shell.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp