Hello Julian,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with indicator and
Thunderbird meetings.  You made this bug report in 2016 and there have been
several versions of Ubuntu and Thunderbird since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you run the following (only once):
apport-collect 1577210
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and Thunderbird better.

** Changed in: indicator-datetime (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in

  Indicator shows old and deleted meetings from thunderbird

Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  I'm on Ubuntu 14.04.
  My datetime indicator shows a series meeting that was created in thunderbird
some time ago.
  But in the past, I deleted this series meeting. Nevertheless it is shown in
the indicator.
  Any ideas how to delete this item?