I tried verifying this SRU today using apport version 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.3
from bionic-proposed.  I was able to verify the first part of the test
case, that a "Remember this in the future" option appeared when the
privacy option was set to auto (the default). However, when I set the
privacy option, "Problem Reporting", to Manual the crash report dialog
just said "If you notice further problems, try restarting the computer."
and there was no "Don't Send" button only a "Continue" one.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Add a remember option to whoopsie so that users can diminish crash
  interactions

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apport source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Impact ]
  A lot of users are bother by the number of whoopsie dialog. We introduced on
"G-C-C privacy option don't allow sending manual report" bug
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1774597) a
way for users to change from always reporting manually (prompting an UI) to
auto reporting or never reporting, via a "Remember this in future".

  This only impacts the apport gtk UI, still offering the underlying
  capability to other UIs type without changing them.

  This was a goal for 18.04, but due to a lack of time, we want to
  introduce this in 18.04.1

  [ Test Case ]
   * There are multiples dialog forms (a good 20 of them), but they are all
covered by unit tests which have been updates. One use case would be:
   * Install the new version and trigger a crash
   * Check that the dialog has a "Remember this in future" option, check it,
and click send.
   * Check in g-c-c UI, privacy option, that the crash reporting is now in auto
mode, always send.
   * Revert in g-c-c to manual
   * Create another crash, check "Remember this…" and click don't send
   * Check in g-c-c UI that crash reporting is now disabled.

  [ Regression potential ]
   * The impacted code is both UI and fileutils. It's covered by an extensive
testsuite, and checking under KDE has also been done to not trigger a crash.

  ----

  We introduce 5 new strings to translate:
  "Can't remember send report status settings"
  "Saving crash reporting state failed. Can't set auto or never reporting mode."
  "Remember this in future"
  "Relaunch this application"
  "Don't send"

  We are reusing an existing transalted string "Send problem report to
  the developers?"