** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  locking sockets broken due to missing AppArmor socket mediation
  patches

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in apparmor source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in apparmor source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hey,

  Newer systemd makes use of locks placed on AF_UNIX sockets created
  with the socketpair() syscall to synchronize various bits and pieces
  when isolating services. On kernels prior to 4.18 that do not have
  backported the AppArmor socket mediation patchset this will cause the
  locks to be denied with EACCESS. This causes systemd to be broken in
  LXC and LXD containers that do not run unconfined which is a pretty
  big deal. We have seen various bug reports related to this. See for
  example [1] and [2].

  If feasible it would be excellent if we could backport the socket
  mediation patchset to all LTS kernels. Afaict, this should be 4.4 and
  4.15. This will unbreak a whole range of use-cases.

  The socket mediation patchset is available here:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=80a17a5f501ea048d86f81d629c94062b76610d4

  [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apparmor/+bug/1575779
  [2]: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/9493

  Thanks!