** Also affects: software-properties (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  [feature request] make full ppa signing public key available over
  https

Status in Launchpad itself:
  Fix Released
Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Currently, for a ppa, launchpad makes the long key fingerprint
  available over https. I'd like to request that it also make the full
  public key available over https.

  Many people use add-apt-repository extensively for using ppas ('add-
  apt-repository -y smoser/archive')

  As I understand it, that basically does:
   a. request the 'archive urls', 'description' and long key fingerprint over
https from launchpad.net
   b. does gpg --recv <long-key-fingerprint> from
hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80/ (or the --keyserver argument)
   c. adds the result of 'b' to apt using 'apt-key'

  Since launchpad is the owner of the signing key for the ppa, why not
  have it just give us the full public key over the same api that it
  provides the other bits of information?

  My experience is that gpg servers are less reliable than we'd like,
  and even if they were as reliable as launchpad, any use of a ppa now
  effectively depends on 2 external systems when 1 could suffice.