Hello Krzysztof,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with cups and
printing.  You made this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu has been updated
since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know, and in the current version, run the
following (only once):
apport-collect BUGNUMBER
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu better.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  default printer status as switched off in CUPS

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  After turning on my printer its default status in CUPS is set to off and it
doesn't print. The status is setting in context menu of the printer in
'system-config-printer'. If I manually switch this setting to on then all
queued jobs are printed. Next, when I turn the printer off and on again the
problem occurs - it has automatically 'switched off' status again. I'm not sure
what is name for that setting in English, because I use another language.
  I've noticed after restarting CUPS server the problem doesn't occur.

  Printer: HP LaserJet P1005
  Ubuntu version: 8.10 Intrepid up-to date (20090714)
  CUPS version: 1.3.9-2ubuntu9.2