Hello Dima,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with cups.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and cups have been updated since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 400855
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and cups better.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  CUPS interface is unintuitive

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: cups

  I'm using Kubuntu 9.04. There does not seem to be any usable GUI for printers.
  I added a printer using "Printer Configuration" in KDE's "System Settings". I
used it once successfully - but next day, the printer seems to have
disappeared, even though it still shows up in some (but not all!) print dialogs.
  Should it actually show up in the list in "Printer Configuration"? Or is it
only used for adding new printers?

  I decided to go to the CUPS web interface, http://localhost:631,
  expecting to find some authoritative information there - but I'm still
  confused. The printers tab says "Showing 0 of 1 printer." Uh ok. So
  where is that one printer? The jobs tab shows that my second job is in
  state "aborted". Why? Who aborted it?