William,

We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Can this bug report now be closed or do you still see a problem related
to what you reported?

If we do not hear from you the bug report will close itself in
approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  package vim 2:7.3.429-2ubuntu2.1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess
  installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 12.4 arm

  trying to install/purge/remove vim returns errors each time.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: vim 2:7.3.429-2ubuntu2.1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.35-gbe699c6-dirty armv7l
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6
  AptOrdering: vim: Purge
  Architecture: armel
  Date: Sun Feb 16 12:44:05 2014
  DpkgTerminalLog:
   Removing vim ...
   update-alternatives: error: /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/rvim corrupt: line
not terminated while trying to read status
   dpkg: error processing vim (--purge):
    subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
  DuplicateSignature: package:vim:2:7.3.429-2ubuntu2.1:subprocess installed
pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
  ErrorMessage: subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit
status 2
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: vim
  Title: package vim 2:7.3.429-2ubuntu2.1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess
installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2014-02-16 (0 days ago)