Hello Gi,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with cups.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and cups have been updated since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 1143066
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and cups better.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  package cups 1.5.3-0ubuntu6 failed to install/upgrade: il
  sottoprocesso vecchio script di pre-removal ha restituito lo stato di
  errore 2

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  HP Printer did not print anymore.
  I opened cups web interface and I canceled the printer
  I tried to add a new printer -> internal server error
  I typed "sudo apt-get --purge remove cups && sudo apt-get install cups" to
reinstall cups
  Error -> /var/lib/dpkg/info/cups.prerm: 22: cd: can't cd to
/usr/lib/cups/backend

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: cups 1.5.3-0ubuntu6