Since it is happening in other sessions it could be bug in language-pack
or some other package.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in

  Clock : incorrect date format in FR in Unity panel …bionic.

Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hi,

  Here is Ubuntu 18.04 with Unity session ( I know… )

  System language and regional settings are set to French.

  In regional setting the date reads

  day number month year hour minute…

  which is correct for French.

  But the clock in the Unity panel reads

  day month number year hour minute…

  which looks more English than French order.

  Any config file I might edit to make my clock « more French » ?