This bug was fixed in the package console-setup - 1.178ubuntu9

---------------
console-setup (1.178ubuntu9) cosmic; urgency=medium

  * keyboard-configuration.config: Fix exit/return thinko (LP: #1788597)

 -- Adam Conrad <adcon...@ubuntu.com>  Thu, 23 Aug 2018 16:32:45 -0600

** Changed in: console-setup (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to console-setup in Ubuntu.

  ubiquity broken with console-setup 1.178ubuntu2.5

Status in console-setup package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in console-setup source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ SRU Justification ]
  Due to my brain being in the wrong language, a function was exiting the
script instead of returning.  Derp.

  [ Regression Potential ]
  N'much.

  [ Test Case ]
  Build a new ubiquity and see if we can haz keyboard again.

  [ Original Bug ]
  Since this version of console-setup in bionic ubiquity now skips the Keyboard
and Wireless pages.

  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/382474004/console-
  setup_1.178ubuntu2.4_1.178ubuntu2.5.diff.gz