This workaround works for me:

sudo apt install qt5-style-plugins
echo "export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2" >> ~/.profile

Not fixing this bug in Ubuntu means that all QT5 Applications will looks 80s.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1789113

Effected Apps are qBittorrent VLC Virtualbox Mixxx ...

In the Mixxx project, we like to offer our user the best experience and
polished view.
Hacking magic commands to the terminal should not be a part of that.
I think we can also not add that to our install scripts because of the
different ubuntu flavours.

Do you have any ideas what can be the solution to fix this regression?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Include qt5-style-plugins into the default installation, otherwise Qt5
  apps don’t pick up the GTK+ style

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  In Artful and Bionic, Qt5 applications look alien because they don’t follow
the GTK+ style.
  For Qt5 applications to pick up the GTK+ style, qt5-style-plugins must be
included into the default installation and “export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2”
must be provided.

  Original bug description:
  Since I upgraded to Qt 5.7.1, Qt5 apps stopped picking up the Ubuntu (GTK+, I
presume) theme, and look very Windowsy. I have qt5-gtk-platformtheme installed,
and I tried forcing it by setting QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME, but to no avail.