** Attachment added: "PS conversion using pdf2ps (Ghostscript)"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cairo/+bug/1790242/+attachment/5183830/+files/testcase-gs.ps

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cairo in Ubuntu.

  Converting PDF to PS with pdftocairo results in wrong character
  spacing with some Adobe fonts

Status in cairo package in Ubuntu:

  I use pdftocairo as the default renderer in CUPS to print to my HP
  LaserJet printer. It's the tool that better manages PDF documents with
  shading and transparency (common in beamer presentations and PDFs
  generated by cairo). Everything worked fine until I discovered some
  pages in documents were incorrectly printed.

  I tried to print a PDF document (produced by pdfTeX) containing the
  Helvetica-Narrow fonts, and some lines of the document exhibited wrong
  character spacing. I tried to print the same document using Chrome and
  the text was printed with correct spacing so the printer wasn't the
  responsible.

  After changing the default PDF->PS renderer I discovered the fault was
  in pdftocairo because any conversion with pdftops and pdf2gs resulted
  in correct character spacing on my screen. Changing the PS language
  level did not work. Also, this bug doesn't manifest when pdfTeX uses
  the URW base 35 fonts instead of the Adobe ones.

  I am attaching a PDF document that can be converted with pdftocairo,
  pdftops and pdf2ps with pdftocairo being the only one that looks
  different at the narrow fonts.