CurrentDesktop: Budgie:GNOME
Date: Fri Sep  7 21:02:15 2018
LightdmConfig:
 [SeatDefaults]
 allow-guest=false
 autologin-guest=false
 autologin-user=ubuntu-budgie
 autologin-user-timeout=0
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu-Budgie 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Alpha amd64 (20180907)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=C.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: lightdm

** Affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug cosmic

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Try install option from EFI boot displays  login screen not the live
  session

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  Testing todays (7th Sept 2018) of cosmic.

  Using virtualbox.  Set to boot the ISO using EFI option.

  Select Try Ubuntu option from ISO Grub.

  Expected to see the live session.  Instead saw the login window.  I
  had to login using ubuntu-budgie / ubuntu-mate to see the live
  session.

  Tested both Ubuntu Mate and Ubuntu Budgie

  Apologies if I raised this against the wrong package!

  Package: lightdm 1.28.0-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu9
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperVersion: 1.395