+1 from desktop team, we would like to see that update in cosmic

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  FFE: 18.2.x for cosmic

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:

  Mesa 18.2.0 was recently released after several delays, but at least
  it doesn't have any known regressions on Intel hw. We tend to get the
  latest major version in the devel series ~2 weeks after FF, but since
  a month has passed now I thought it would be best to file an actual
  FFE request.

  We'd also build it against LLVM 7, which is about to be released.
  Together these provide support for AMD Vega20 (kernel support still
  needed) among other things.

  New features from mesa upstream reldocs:

  OpenGL 4.3 on virgl
  OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility profile on radeonsi
  OpenGL ES 3.2 on radeonsi and virgl
  GL_ARB_ES3_2_compatibility on radeonsi
  GL_ARB_fragment_shader_interlock on i965
  GL_ARB_sample_locations and GL_NV_sample_locations on nvc0 (GM200+)
  GL_ANDROID_extension_pack_es31a on radeonsi.
  GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr on radeonsi
  GL_NV_conservative_raster and GL_NV_conservative_raster_dilate on nvc0
(GM200+)
  GL_NV_conservative_raster_pre_snap_triangles on nvc0 (GP102+)
  multisampled images on nvc0 (GM107+) (now supported on GF100+)