See the comment on the linked debian-cd MP from Marc Deslauriers.  Note
that the goal of removing the cloud-image seed is still entirely
reasonable and doable, openssh-server should just move to livecd-rootfs
as something always added to cloud images.  Done and done.  There's no
reason that one package needs to be represented in a seed/task any more
than custom kernels or cloud agents are.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  Install openssh-server with disabled password auth by default on
  servers

Status in Ubuntu CD Images:
  In Progress
Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:

  we want to remove 'cloud-image' seed and join it with 'server' seed.
  openssh-server is one of the few (3) packages that are in cloud image and not
in 'ubuntu-server'.

  We'd like to have the server iso install openssh-server by default and
  prompt the user if they want to enable it or not.