Public bug reported:

I'm reporting this in the role of a developer getting issue reports for
non-Ubuntu projects. Apport could work great for this purpose, too,
since it detects our system service's crashes.

For us, the most valuable information is typically in the Traceback
field (it's a Python application).

However, when users are reporting back about problems, they tend to
overlook that information.

The attached screenshot came from an issue reported by a user. If we had
been able to peek at the Traceback information, we might have
immediately known the cause.

To the user, this screenshot may seem to contain lots of information,
but it doesn't contain anything specific, except for the version.

I realize that there is a lot of UI stuff that could be tweaked, and
that the old design specs haven't been fully implemented. But hoping
this issue is so minor to fix that it might pass :)

Thanks!

** Affects: apport (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot of default collapsed Traceback panel"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1796474/+attachment/5197980/+files/apport%20screenshot.jpeg

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Traceback should be uncollapsed by default

Status in apport package in Ubuntu: