No update on this bug within a month.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will be kept broken?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to procps in Ubuntu.

  kill -TERM exitcode regression 16.04

Status in procps package in Ubuntu:

  I had a regression error in one of my testsuites.
  https://github.com/gdraheim/docker-systemctl-replacement/issues/43

  After investigating I did find that the command "kill -TERM" behaves
  different in Ubuntu 16.04 in comparison to all other Ubuntu versions
  and in comparison to all other tested Linux distributions
  (opensuse,centos).

  ====> "kill -TERM" does report an exitcode=0 (OK) where it should say
  failed.

  Note that the testsuite of coreutils does define a behaviour of not-ok at
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/tests/misc/kill.sh

  There you can see

      # params required
      returns_ 1 env kill || fail=1
      returns_ 1 env kill -TERM || fail=1

  However this is the result tested with the available docker images

     == kill
       ubuntu:14.04 => 1
       ubuntu:16.04 => 1
       ubuntu:18.04 => 1
       ubuntu:18.10 => 1
     == kill -TERM
       ubuntu:14.04 => 1
       ubuntu:16.04 => 0
       ubuntu:18.04 => 1
       ubuntu:18.10 => 1

  I am attaching the testscript that shows the results above.