This bug was fixed in the package location-service -
2.1+14.10.20141013-0ubuntu1

---------------
location-service (2.1+14.10.20141013-0ubuntu1) utopic; urgency=low

  [ thomas-voss ]
  * Allow for creation of initially invalid radio cells. (LP: #1380668)
 -- Ubuntu daily release <ps-jenk...@lists.canonical.com>   Mon, 13 Oct 2014
15:28:59 +0000

** Changed in: location-service (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to location-service in

  Connectivity subsystem has to account for Ofono's racy cell
  announcement

Status in “location-service” package in Ubuntu:

  Ofono's way of announcing NetworkRegistration properties in a way that
  does not allow to logically group changes either on:

    (1.) org.ofono.NetworkRegistration becoming available or
    (2.) Status switching to registered/roaming

  requires the connectivity API to handle corner cases where valid cells
  cannot be created immediately. As we are strict about the underlying
  value ranges, we throw immediately and consumers of the
  connectivity/measurement API bail out.