Downgrading libapt-private especially should not make a difference, as
it's in the same package as apt.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt failed to run due to link time reference error

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  After update apt and its related library to 1.2.15 from 1.2.10ubuntu1,
  I get following message when I try to invoke apt:

  apt-get: relocation error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libapt-
  private.so.0.0: symbol _ZlsRSoRKN3APT9PrettyPkgE, version APTPKG_5.0
  not defined in file libapt-pkg.so.5.0 with link time reference

  1.2.10 do not have this problem. Now I manually downgrade from 1.2.15
  to 1.2.10 to solve this problem.

  Ubuntu release:
  Release:      16.04

  what I expect to happen: apt would show the helper message
  what happened instead: apt shows me the line on above