It is possible that this bug is open from 2014 and no one fixed the bug?

I've been last couple of days trying to create a gschema.override file
with relocatable schemas and now I understands that there is a bug
unfixed.

I'm on Debian 9.5

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  glib-compile-schemas doesn't compile relocatable schemas

Status in GLib:
  Expired
Status in glib2.0 package in Ubuntu:

  Dear Developers,

  I am using the Ubuntu 14.04 development release with the GNOME Shell 3.10
and, because my wife is using this system as well, I defined some settings in a
gschema.override file.
  Everything is working right, except applying settings related to custom
key-bindings.

  I added following lines my gschema.override file:
  [org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys]
  www='<Super><Alt>w'
  email='<Super>e'
  custom-keybindings =
['/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybinding/custom0']

[org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/]
  name = 'Launch Gedit'
  command = 'gedit'
  binding = '<Super>g'

  I put my gschema.override file in the '/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas'
directory. After I added these lines, I ran 'glib-compile-schemas
/usr/share/glib2.0/schemas' and no error was reported.
  For testing purposes I created a new user, logged out, and logged in with the
new user. In the best case, the custom key-binding were applied automatically,
but this has not happened. Other defined key-bindings were applied correctly.
  In the gnome-control-center's key-bindings tab, the table containing  custom
shortcuts is empty, containing one row with empty columns.

  Running 'gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins
  .media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins
  /media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/' shows, the name, command, and
  binding key pairs contain empty ('') values.

  If I manually run following commands, the custom key-binding is created
correctly:
  gsettings set
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/
 name "Launch Gedit"
  gsettings set
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/
 command "gedit"
  gsettings set
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/
 binding "<Super>g"

  Am I doing anything wrong when I want to add a custom key-bindings in
  my schema file, or  is 'glib-compile-schemas' really not applying this
  part from the schema file?

  Attila

  Package: libglib2.0-bin 2.39.4-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-8-generic i686