On 2018-11-12, Chao MENG wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I meet a bug when using input method, I drag the input method dialog onto the
> top bar of GNOME, and then I can't drag it anymore; please see the attached
> screenshot ubuntu_input_method_bug.PNG
>
> Sorry that I report a bug here, but I really can't find a place to
> report a bug, I am working and really don't have much time to check
> carefully a so long document
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
>
> ** Attachment added: "ubuntu_input_method_bug.PNG"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/994921/+attachment/5211824/+files/ubuntu_input_method_bug.PNG

Hi Chao,

Your report is useless here, hence I've removed your attachment, sorry.

* If you know the package name of your "input method" program, please
execute somthing like "ubuntu-bug your_package_name_here" from the terminal.
* If you, unfortunately, don't know that, please execute "ubuntu-bug -w"
from the terminal and follow the instruction (close the intro message
box and click on the window of your "input method" program etc.)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Collecting_information_from_a_specific_package
*
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Collecting_information_about_a_program_with_a_window_open

--
Best wishes,
Bob

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  'ubuntu-bug /var/crash/app.crash' (and even more so, 'apport-cli -c
  /var/crash/app.crash') should still allow manual bug filing in stable
  releases

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in apport source package in Precise:
  Won't Fix
Status in apport source package in Quantal:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  ---
  WORKAROUND:
  comment out line 23 ("'problem_types': ['Bug', 'Package'],") in
'/etc/apport/crashdb.conf'.
  ---
  The crash database work has made it much harder for users to enable apport
bug filing for crashes in stable Ubuntu releases, even for those who could
otherwise contribute useful bug reports. "Comment out line 23 of
/etc/apport/crashdb.conf" is not particularly straightforward.

  One thing that would mitigate this is if the users could still run one of the
following commands to manually submit a bug report about a given crash:
  1) 'ubuntu-bug /var/crash/application.crash';
  2) and even more so, 'apport-cli -c /var/crash/app.crash' (as for now, it
quietly exits without explanation after pressing the 'S' key instead of sending
a crash report, as stated in duplicate bug #992064).
  The fact that this is also disabled by the crashdb settings is a tad
inconvenient.  I think the manual command should be allowed to work even
post-release.
  ---
  Package: apport 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  CheckboxSubmission: 017452a27eca3c8b498abbfa5ef91db9
  CheckboxSystem: ecaaad6fa1e0799a0aa1126bf620f39e
  Date: Fri May  4 17:17:43 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64
(20100816.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: apport
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-08 (178 days ago)