We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 13.10 (saucy) reached end-of-life on July 17, 2014.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported?

Please let us know if you do otherwise this bug report will expire in
approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  vim.nox crashed with SIGSEGV on ruby file

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:

  vim will crash using this trivial example (note carefully the amount
  of whitespace).  Name it blah.rb.

  def a
    hij_klmn(v)                        #foo
  end

  The file in base64 is
  ZGVmIGEKICBoaWpfa2xtbih2KSAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICNmb28KZW5kCg==

  It will crash when using the default vimrc ( vim -u /etc/vim/vimrc
  blah.rb ), but not when you use no vimrc ( vim -u NONE blah.rb ).

  The crash:
  Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV

  Vim: Finished.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: vim-nox 2:7.4.000-1ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Mar  3 15:14:19 2014
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/vim.nox
  ExecutableTimestamp: 1376267020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcCmdline: vim blah.rb
  ProcCwd: /home/jake
  Signal: 11
  SourcePackage: vim
  StacktraceTop:
   ?? ()
   ?? ()
   ?? ()
   ?? ()
   ?? ()
  Title: vim.nox crashed with SIGSEGV
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip libvirtd lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo