*If* this is achievable without risk can we add this to the 10/16
iteration.

There was a suggestion that we might be able to make the controls
invisible until they actually work if so then that would be a good
solution.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-sound in Ubuntu.

  We should hide the player controls in the sound indicator until the
  music player is fixed to work with them

Status in “indicator-sound” package in Ubuntu:

  see these two bugs:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-sound/+bug/1378048

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scope-mediascanner/+bug/1361232

  Essentially, the music player does not work with the sound menu, and
  the fix is involved. Until the default experience works, I suggest
  that we do not show these controls.