I'm not sure that this bug report has any life left in it as bug 1799310
has now been created, confirmed and acknowledged with what many would
want to be seen when upgrading from an LTS to a non-LTS release with
Livepatch enabled.

So I'm marking this one as a duplicate of the later bug report: bug
1799310.

   No warning when upgrading OS will turn off Livepatch

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  Canonical Livepatch doesn't appear in "Updates" tab.

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  Livepatch was working and appearing fine in 'Software & Updates' until
  after the upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to Ubuntu 18.10; Livepatch
  does not appear as an option anymore after upgrading.

  Package: software-properties-gtk 0.96.27
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Oct 19 11:04:03 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: software-properties
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to cosmic on 2018-10-19 (0 days ago)