Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: iputils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iputils in Ubuntu.

  /usr/bin/host utility cannot change port for DNS querires

Status in iputils package in Ubuntu:

  This is not a bug report. It is request for missing feature...

  /usr/bin/host utility to check DNS is limited to send DNS queries to
  port 53. There is no option to change port for DNS queries. Other
  utilities, like dig, can change port. I can change DNS server but port
  is always 53.

  I found this missing feature while I was troubleshooting my DNS. My
  ISP is hijacking port 53 and I found I cannot use host utility to
  diagnose this problem...