** Description changed:

  Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

  systemd 229-4ubuntu21.9

  syslog file http://locoserver.net:8080/inline/14ItB1/syslog

  I had to restart one of my server. This one is ovz and the only ubuntu
  16 left. All my other servers are ubuntu 18 already.

  So what happened?
  I restarted my server and I could ping it fine. However when I tried to
connect with ssh it immediately refused my connection. So I run nmap and indeed
all other services were running BUT ssh.

  I could connect over a service console provided by the hoster. I could
  not user 'service ssh rstart' because it would fail since this
  '/var/run/sshd' was missing although I checked every script. The scripts
  were fine. So I looked through the syslog and found something
  interesting on google. There are a lot of people actually having the
  same problem at least when using ovz and ubuntu 16.

  Right now I try to downgrade my systemd to a previous version until a
  fix will be published.

  I cannot always log in over the service console and create the file
  '/var/run/sshd' by hand to manually start ssh.
+
+ There is a thread in the german ubuntu forum
+
https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/systemd-tmpfiles-fchownat-of-run-failed-invali/
+
+ I used this to downgrade
+ curl -LO
'http://launchpadlibrarian.net/395488411/systemd_229-4ubuntu21.6_amd64.deb'
+ curl -LO
'http://launchpadlibrarian.net/395488403/libsystemd0_229-4ubuntu21.6_amd64.deb'
+ apt install ./systemd_229-4ubuntu21.6_amd64.deb
./libsystemd0_229-4ubuntu21.6_amd64.deb

  systemd 229-4ubuntu21.9 faulty - breaks the system!

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu: