The title should read "Sandboxed applications don't play sound with
Pulseaudio", but if there's a way to edit the title after accidentally
hitting Return, it's not obvious.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Sandboxed applications donplay sound with Pulseaudio

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  On my Kubuntu desktop machine, I'm running Firefox as a different user
  for security reasons.  Since Firefox has dropped support for ALSA, I
  no longer have sound in Firefox.

  The actual bug is that (a) Pulseaudio doesn't accept connection from
  other users, or (b) Pulseaudio isn't supposed to be run by root.

  Note that the workaround of creating a socket does not work in my
  machine;

  /etc/pulse/default.pa:
  load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1
socket=/tmp/ff-pulse-socket

  /etc/pulse/client.conf:
  default-server = unix:/tmp/ff-pulse-socket

  Using this workaround, pavucontrol shows a sound stream by Firefox and
  shows sound for line out, but no audio is heard.

  Audio for the logged-in user works fine.