Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: ubuntu-themes (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  no way to switch back to bionic shell theme

Status in ubuntu-themes package in Ubuntu:

  It is not possible, as far as I am aware, to change the GNOME Shell
  theme back to what it was in Ubuntu 18.04. I am reporting this as a
  bug because it _is_ possible to change the application and icon theme
  back to what they were in 18.04. It should be possible to make Ubuntu
  18.10 look the same as Ubuntu 18.04 as some users (including myself)
  prefer the old theme to the new one. I prefer it because the new theme
  is too flat, but that is beside the point.

  Ubuntu version: Ubuntu 18.10

  gnome-tweaks version: 3.30.1-1

  I expected to be able to open Tweaks and change the shell theme, but
  there is only one available, called "Default".

  Package: gnome-shell 3.30.1-2ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Dec  2 10:00:45 2018
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to cosmic on 2018-12-01 (0 days ago)