Unfortunately ecryptfs was removed as part of the installer in 18.04.
Only full disk encryption for an automated setup at the moment.

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  ecryptfs-utils should be installed by default

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Last Saturday I lost my Lucid (due to other issues, unrelated to this
  bug). I then decided to reinstall from the 2010-04-11 alternate ISO.

  During the install I kept some partitions, including /home. After
  install completed I tried to login to Gnome, and got some weird
  messages stating gconf could not access the gconf data, etc. The gnome
  startup then completeld with an emtpy window.

  Moved to a vTerm, logged in, and found the usual two links created by
  ecryptfs stating the home directory was encrypted. To my surprise,
  ecryptfs-utils was not installed.

  Manually installed it, rebooted, and life was good.

  This is a corner case, of course. But I would expect a lot of users to
  use home dir encryption, and to recover systems maintaining /home.

  Given we have been moving to have customers either encrypt the whole
  partition or their home directories, and given the chance of a
  reinstall *keeping* /home, ecryptfs-utils should *always* be
  installed.

  Package: ubuntu-standard 1.195
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-20.29-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  CheckboxSubmission: 23f39d583e289591efa3692115f3f5f2
  CheckboxSystem: d00f84de8a555815fa1c4660280da308