** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)

** Also affects: ufw (Ubuntu Cosmic)

** Also affects: ufw (Ubuntu Disco)

** Also affects: ufw (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu Cosmic)

** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu Cosmic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)

** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu Bionic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)

** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu Cosmic)

** Changed in: ufw (Ubuntu Bionic)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ufw in Ubuntu.

  Cannot insert IPV6 rule before IPV4 rules

Status in ufw:
  Fix Committed
Status in ufw package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in ufw source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in ufw source package in Cosmic:
  Triaged
Status in ufw source package in Disco:
  Triaged
Status in ufw package in Debian:

  I am unable to insert any rules concerning IPV6 before IPV4 rules. Thus, when
IPV4 rules are numbered 1 to 5 and IPV6 rules are numbered  6 to 10,  the
following command:
  [code]
  ufw insert 1 deny from 2a02:2210:12:a:b820:fff:fea2:25d1
  [/code]
  errors with "ERROR: Invalid position '1'".

  However, the command
  [code]
  ufw insert 6 deny from 2a02:2210:12:a:b820:fff:fea2:25d1
  [/code]
  succeeds.

  In my case, this poses a problem, since I am trying to insert rules
  from a script against brute force attacks. The script needs to insert
  blocking rules before a number of other rules that open up some ports
  (since the order of rules is important in ufw). However since the
  number of IPV4 rules will be changing all the time, the position of
  the first available number for an IPV6 address is hard to determine.

  Proposed solution: either allow IPV6 rules to precede IPV4 rules, or
  implement a keyword defining the first available position; e.g. "ufw
  insert first deny from 2a02:2210:12:a:b820:fff:fea2:25d1".

  BTW: this was all figured out with ufw version 0.31.1-1, Ubuntu
  12.04.5 LTS,