The animation in volume-issue.gif doesn't seem to show any bug that I
can see.

My working system has the same behaviour, so I don't think the gif is
relevant.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Volume noisy and loud with no level control [HDA Intel PCH / Realtek
  ALC295]

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  What I expect:
  When I use slider volume or when I use volume up button of my laptop, I
expect that the volume goes up slightly.

  What happens:
  From the mute state, one press on volume up do graphically well but in
reality the volume is loud and noisy from the first step. And all other up
steps do not change the volume.
  Doing this with `alsamixer` started show me what you can see in
volume-issue.gif attached file.
  Indeed when I press volume up PCM volume is maxed to 100 instantly and then
Speaker volume and then Master volume.

  In my case manually changing the PCM volume in `alsamixer` is the only
  way to change the actual volume of my laptop. Even changing Master
  volume has no effect!

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  jule       1680 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Dec 29 16:04:58 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  dmi.bios.date: 04/25/2017
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: UX390UAK.312
  dmi.board.asset.tag: ATN12345678901234567
  dmi.board.name: UX390UAK
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: 1.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.chassis.version: 1.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrUX390UAK.312:bd04/25/2017:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnUX390UAK:pvr1.0:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnUX390UAK:rvr1.0:cvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:ct10:cvr1.0:
  dmi.product.family: UX
  dmi.product.name: UX390UAK
  dmi.product.version: 1.0
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.