strace does not seem to be the tool to figure out the info you are
asking for. Considering that the pid of the involved processes would be
unknown at the time of starting strace. And executing the process(es)
from the cli along with strace will not bear fruit for the case.

Going back to the log message I would reckon that MOUNT_NAMESPACES is in
play, in particular recursive MS_SLAVE. Would be that be supported by AA
in general and with the profile in particular?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  systemd--networkd mounts denied for lxc guest

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:

  Host unbuntu cosmic | lxc 3.0.3 | aa 2.12 | systemd 239-7
  Guest Arch Linux | systemd 240.0

  After having upgraded in the guest systemd from 239.370 to 240.0 the
  host's AA is exhibiting

  > audit: type=1400 audit(1547125168.853:722): apparmor="DENIED"
  operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-
  container-default-cgns" name="/" pid=8426 comm="(networkd)" flags="rw,
  rslave"

  and the guest

  > systemd-networkd.service: Failed to set up mount namespacing: Permission
denied
  > systemd-networkd.service: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-networkd: Permission denied

  According to lxc bug tracker https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/2778

  > While we'd like to allow such mounts we cannot do so until the
  apparmor_parser is fixed to handle them correctly.

  other cross references

  https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/61313