** Changed in: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu Cosmic)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Update gtk to 3.24.3

Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in gtk+3.0 source package in Cosmic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Impact
  ======
  There is a new release in the stable 3.24 series.

  This also bundles the emoji fixes from LP: #1807719 and LP: #1807721
  and the Xfce flickering fix from LP: #1798861.

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/blob/gtk-3-24/NEWS
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/compare/3.24.1...3.24.3

  Test Case
  =========
  Run several apps in the default Ubuntu install and make sure that there are
no visible regressions.

  We will also be checking Xfce to validate the fix for LP: #1798861.

  Regression Potential
  ====================
  There is a standing microrelease exception for GNOME point releases.

  I believe this is the second time in recent history that we've pushed
  a gtk point release as an SRU. The other example was 3.22.25 for
  Ubuntu 17.10 (LP: #1728421). We never ended up doing one for Ubuntu
  18.04 LTS since it already included 3.22.30, the final 3.22 release.
  It hasn't been practical to update 18.04's gtk to  the 3.24 series
  (bumped dependencies are one problem).

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#GNOME

  By the way, pre-release gtk3 is actually getting a bit more testing
  than a year ago since more developers and users are using development
  Flatpak releases of popular GNOME apps. (On the other hand, there were
  a few regressions in the 3.24.2 release.)

  This update changes the ON/OFF switches for GNOME's default Adwaita
  theme to use ⏽/⭘. Previously, it was ❙/○ for most languages but ON/OFF
  for English (because English has short words that could fit on a
  switch). This doesn't affect default Ubuntu 18.10 which uses Yaru
  which doesn't use labels on its switches. This is technically a UI
  change, but it is useful for compatibility with Flatpak apps that are
  being built with the new GTK. This change is small enough that it
  could be reverted for Ubuntu 18.10 if necessary.

  Other Info
  The commit history shows themeing changes to the GNOME default themes
(Adwaita and Adwaita Dark which are bundled inside gtk3). But those changes
were reverted for this release to make it easier for distros like us to push
the update to our stable release.

  The next scheduled gtk3 release (3.24.4 ? in March?) will include
  those changes. See https://blog.gtk.org/2019/01/14/theme-changes-in-
  gtk-3/ for more details.