We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) reached end-of-life on July 28, 2016.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported using a
currently supported version of Ubuntu? Please let us know if you do
otherwise this report can be left to expire in approximately 60 days
time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: hundredpapercuts

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  nm-applet frequentyl fails with broadband activated

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Incomplete
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Lenovo Thinkpad X230-t, Ubuntu 15.10.

  When the breadband device of my thinkpad is activated, nm-applet fails
  to start most of the time. This leaves the user without any NM
  indicator in the top panel.

  I.e., users of computers with a broadband device cannot even connect
  to WiFi, unless they know how to do so via terminal.

  I.e.: Network manager fails to provide it's purpose on computers with
  breadband devices. This heavily impairs usage of Ubuntu on these
  computers.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.10.0-4ubuntu15.3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-30.33-generic 3.19.8-ckt6
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-30-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity