The problem can been solved by updating to the newest 4.19.x kernel. I am a
Ubuntu user with Asus UX433FA. After a few testing, I can confirm that newer
kernel 4.19.17 currently available in kernel.org is the solution (I tried out
4.19.8 as well but I experienced something else so I decided to use 4.19.17,
which, by default, accepts the changes suggested by Jian-Hong).

However, I am using a dual boot system. There is a minor problem that
bugs me: even if I turned off the fast boosting in BIOS, if I boot into
Windows then restart and try to boot into Ubuntu, the sound will distort
and disappear eventually. The solution would be completely shutdown
Windows every time you want to switch between the OS. Hope this could be
solved in the future.

A good thing though, is after installing the new kernel, the original
4.15.x kernel that ships with Ubuntu 18.04 can also output sound
properly !!!

But, I have always got the feeling that the sound quality on Ubuntu is
not as good as that of Windows. I might be over-sensitive tho.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [ZenBook S UX391UA, Realtek ALC294, Mic, Internal] No sound at all

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Internal speaker - not sound at all
  Cable Headphonse - realy quiet disorted sound
  Bluetooth headphones - sound works fine

  On Windows 10 everything works fine.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  pmichalski   7964 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Jul 30 22:32:10 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_AlsaRecordingTest: ALSA recording test through plughw:PCH failed
  Symptom_Card: Wbudowany dźwięk - HDA Intel PCH
  Symptom_DevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  gdm        2988 F.... pulseaudio
                        pmichalski   7964 F.... pulseaudio
  Symptom_Jack: Mic, Internal
  Symptom_Type: No sound at all
  Title: [ZenBook S UX391UA, Realtek ALC294, Mic, Internal] No sound at all
  dmi.bios.date: 05/18/2018
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: UX391UA.204
  dmi.board.asset.tag: ATN12345678901234567
  dmi.board.name: UX391UA
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: 1.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.chassis.version: 1.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrUX391UA.204:bd05/18/2018:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnZenBookSUX391UA:pvr1.0:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnUX391UA:rvr1.0:cvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:ct10:cvr1.0:
  dmi.product.family: ZenBook S
  dmi.product.name: ZenBook S UX391UA
  dmi.product.version: 1.0
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.