After upgrading from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to 18.04.1 LTS, I get errors
whenever I attempt to tab-complete anything from an interactive bash
prompt.

Tab-completing nothing gives me:

    -bash: _xspecs[$cmd]: unbound variable

Tab-completing an existing filename gives me:

    -bash: !ref: unbound variable

I've partially narrowed down the cause to me putting `set -o nounset` in
my `.bashrc` file, and something in `/usr/share/bash-completion` is
triggering these unbound variable errors. (That is, the errors go away
if I remove `set -o nounset` or if I make `/usr/share/bash-
completion/bash_completion` exit immediately.)

** Affects: bash (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
bash completions in /usr/share/bash-completion generate unbound variable errors
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1813090