I am still suffering from this bug. I am on Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit platform. I
installed libvirt-qemu and it adds itself to user group as `
libvirt-qemu:x:64055:128:Libvirt Qemu,,,:/var/lib/libvirt:/bin/false`.
Since its user id > 1000 it hangs the lightdm over one minute due to above bug.
How can I work around this bug?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to accountsservice in Ubuntu.

  Recent accountsservice update causes login window to hang

Status in Light Display Manager:
  New
Status in accountsservice package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  The recent 0.6.35-0ubuntu7.1 update (see
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/+bug/1290785)
  seems to have removed the UID_MAX check, which could be used to hide
  users from the login window. In a large organization where many
  thousands of users are present on our systems, we relied on the
  UID_MAX setting in /etc/login.defs to prevent accounts-daemon from
  trying to frob all our accounts. accounts-daemon's performance is so
  poor, that not having the UID_MAX check causes lightdm to hang for
  5-10mins while accounts-daemon tries to look for something in every
  users home folder.

  I've already done things like set the login window to require the user
  to enter their username and password rather than list all users, but
  the login window still hangs while accounts-daemon is doing its thing.

  The behavior I see, is:

  1) just after boot, there's a black screen, right after the plymouth splash
disappears, for 2-3 minutes before lightdm appears
  2) You type a username into the username field and press 'Tab'
  3) lightdm appears to hang for 5-10mins before the cursor moves to the
password field. During this time, I see an accounts-daemon spawn for each user
on the system, sequentially (in alphabetical order). Once the last user's
accounts-daemon process finishes, the cursor moves to the password field.

  This not only happens on first boot, but every time a user logs out
  and the system returns to the login window.

  Any chance we can have the UID_MAX check back? Or some equivalent?
  This is causing a serious problem for us!

  Thanks!