** Tags added: id-5baa476c7e47fe1ecba988ab

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Alternative to Dpkg::Post-Invoke that runs even if dpkg did not have
  to be invoked

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in apt source package in Trusty:
  New
Status in apt source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in apt source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in apt source package in Cosmic:
  New
Status in apt source package in Disco:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  Dpkg::Post-Invoke is run only when dpkg had to be run. We'd like to be able
to show some extra output even if no changes had been made. Imagine "the user
disabled the security repo, and does not get any updates shown scenario" - we'd
like to be able to tell them that there are security updates available after
all.

  [Test case]
  To be updated once the mechanism is in place, but basically perform an
upgrade w/o changes, and make sure the specified hook runs at the end.

  [Regression potential]
  No-change upgrades/install can now fail if this new hooks fail.