Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) reached end-of-life on April 30, 2010
Bug report did not expire due to another bug task
No reply to request for information almost 9 years ago
Marking "Invalid" to close

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Internal Microphone Not Working On MacBook 1st Gen and Dell Notebook

Status in Mactel Support:
  New
Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

  Release:      8.10

  card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: STAC92xx Digital [STAC92xx Digital]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

  Internal Microphone does not work. Using Volume Control, if I unmute
  Mux, Mux1, Capture, Capture1, it immediately mutes itself again. I am
  willing to provide any details/help. Please contact me.

  Thanks,

  Anju