That description is a bit vague. Maybe for someone familiar with libvirt
it's enough, but can you please precisely describe the steps that you
did and the output? Thanks!

Confirming, that is with init=/bin/systemd or systemd-sysv, not with
booting with upstart (the only supported init system in Ubuntu right
now)?

** Tags added: systemd-boot

** Package changed: systemd (Ubuntu) => libvirt (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libvirt (Ubuntu)

  libvirt-bin unaware of uids on LDAP when started via systemd

Status in “libvirt” package in Ubuntu:

  I was unable to connect to libvirtd from my regular user account after
  upgrading to Utopic Unicorn.

  The error from 'virsh list' was something about that libvirtd couldn't
  resolve my uid. "failed to find user record for uid" I think.

  Since I have all non-system users on LDAP remotely, I suspect that
  systemd and/or libvirtd was unable to a resolve my uid upon startup
  and didn't bother to check again.

  It might be a bug in libvirt-bin as well. I don't know.

  Tempfix: 'service libvirt-bin restart' and one should be able to
  connect again.

  Package: systemd 208-8ubuntu8
  ApportVersion: 2.14.7-0ubuntu6
  Architecture: amd64