It seems you have made some changes to the sound configuration, so can
you please first try live booting:

  http://releases.ubuntu.com/18.10/

and 19.04:

  http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

then tell us if they have the same problem in a live session?

** Also affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Audio stuttering
+ [Acer Aspire XC-603] Audio stuttering

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [Acer Aspire XC-603] Audio stuttering

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Since installing Ubuntu 18.10 on my system which previously had
  windows 10 I now get an intermittent stutter or hiccup for want of a
  better word. It happens in Firefox Quantum and Chrome/Chromium I have
  tried a number of fixes from you tube and various forums, but it still
  happens and I'm at my wits end as it is so random.

  My system is a Acer Aspire XC-603

  1tb HDD
  4gb ram
  Intel Celeron J1900 @ 1.99 GHz

  The sound card is integrated on the mother board

  HDA-Intell-HDA intel PCH this problem is so random i never know when
  its going to happen some times it does it one sometimes multiple
  times.

  I'm totally at a loss

  Can any one help ? I'm relatively new to this

  I'm unable to locate the package version

  I expected a clean audio output without any bugs and I'm getting
  hiccups and stuttering

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  andrew     5045 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Feb 23 16:10:25 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  dmi.bios.date: 06/16/2014
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: P11-B1
  dmi.board.name: Aspire XC-603
  dmi.board.vendor: Acer
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Acer
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrP11-B1:bd06/16/2014:svnAcer:pnAspireXC-603:pvr:rvnAcer:rnAspireXC-603:rvr:cvnAcer:ct3:cvr:
  dmi.product.family: Acer Desktop
  dmi.product.name: Aspire XC-603
  dmi.sys.vendor: Acer
  mtime.conffile..etc.modprobe.d.alsa-base.conf: 2019-02-23T12:07:26.743044