linux/Cosmic  should be Fix Released as the fix is already in 4.18 from
upstream.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Cosmic)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to kmod in Ubuntu.

  broken touchpad after i2c-i801 blacklist change

Status in kmod package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kmod source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in kmod source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in kmod source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:

  SRU:
  ====

  [Impact]
  ThinkPad 11e 2nd/3rd touchpad not working when load i2c-i801.
  PNP LEN0049 will use smbus by default in kernel, but i2c bus is in
  runtime suspend mode in old touchpad fw.
  Then touchpad will not work.
  LEN2040 on 11e 3rd can reproduce this issue by passing
  psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=1

  These 2 pnp device should be the same one Synaptics s3203_ver5.

  [Fix]
  i2c-i801 should auto suspend when not used, no need runtime pm.

  [Test Case]
  Tested on Thinkpad 11e 3rd.
  Touchpad works fine.

  [Regression Potential]
  Low, upstream fix cherry-picked.

  4.18 kernel patch, no need for cosmic.

  Original bug report:
  After upgrading to kmod (24-1ubuntu3.1) the trackpads stop working on Lenovo
11e 2nd gen machines.

  We have a fleet of approximetly 1000 of them in production running
  ubuntu 18.04. Prior to this update the trackpads worked out of box in
  18.04.

  We are currently working around the issue by deploying our own
  blacklist files.

  Here is a link to the SRU justification: https://bugs.launchpad.net
  /hwe-next/+bug/1786574