** Merge proposal linked:

https://code.launchpad.net/~azzar1/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+git/gtk+3.0/+merge/364501

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Focus drops from search input in GtkFileChooserDialog after first
  character, which stops searching (broken behaviour)

Status in GTK+:
  Expired
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  I have noticed that after upgrading to GNOME 3.20 on Ubuntu GNOME
  16.04 that the built-in search functionality is almost impossible to
  use in the GTK file chooser (though it is the same one that allows you
  to save files as well as choose them).

  So if one types something into the search, after they have typed the
  first letter it will immediately select the top search result meaning
  one has to re-select the search box, this happens for every letter so
  searching for a long string becomes very annoying. If one carries on
  typing once it has selected the top result and unselected the search
  box it will start searching in the other search which only looks at
  results.

  Upstream bug:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1572

  Steps:
  1. Open Gedit
  2. Choose Open -> Other Documents... to open a GtkFileChooserDialog
  3. Press on the search button next to Open
  4. Type what you are searching for

  Expected behaviour:
  Focus remains in the search input until I finish typing then results come up

  What happens instead:
  Searching stops after I enter the first characters because focus is lost from
the search input

  Package: libgtk-3-0 3.22.30-1ubuntu1