Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Mobile broadband SIM doesn't work but does on same machine booted into
  Windows

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  I am trying to use a mobile broadband sim with my TabletPC running
  Ubuntu 18.04, but it doesn't work, I get: "Connection Failed:
  Activation of network connection failed" when trying to connect with
  it. HOWEVER, if I boot this same TabletPC into Windows 10, the sim
  works fine. So it is not a problem with the SIM nor a problem the
  TabletPC hardware. It is a problem with Ubuntu.

  Can I ask what testing/Quality Assurance (QA) you did on Ubuntu for
  mobile broadband and where your testing records are kept?

  Further details here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1079689/mobile-broadband-sim-doesnt-work-with-ubuntu-18-04-but-does-work-in-same-device

  "I have a Panasonic FZ-G1 MkIII Toughpad touchscreen tablet PC which
  is based on an x86-64bit Intel® Core™ i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz, with 4Gb
  RAM.

  This is dual-booted with Windows 10 Pro 64bit (build 1803) and Ubuntu
  18.04.1 LTS 64bit.

  The mobile sim is a standard giffgaff sim which works fine in Windows
  on this machine - it is recognised and internet access via it works,
  detected as LTE (4G). So this proves that the sim is working correctly
  with the WLAN modem hardware in this tablet.

  However, when the same tablet is booted into Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS 64bit,
  the same sim that worked in the Windows partition, does not work in
  Ubuntu. Error message: "Connection Failed: Activation of network
  connection failed" pops up when attempting connection via Settings. "