To reproduce:

* Run "apport-bug" from the command line
* Select "Other problem" from the "What kind of problem do you want to
report?", then click OK.
* The "What display problem do you observe?" dialogue pops up, I realise that
doesn't match anything that I want to report and click Cancel.
* Apport becomes completely unresponsive.

Traceback after Ctrl-C suggests that there is a problem with a thread
lock:

Exception ignored in: <module 'threading' from
'/usr/lib/python3.7/threading.py'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 1281, in _shutdown
    t.join()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 1032, in join
    self._wait_for_tstate_lock()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 1048, in _wait_for_tstate_lock
    elif lock.acquire(block, timeout):
KeyboardInterrupt

This is on Kubuntu 19.04, apport 2.20.10-0ubuntu23

** Affects: apport (Ubuntu)

apport-bug locks up when selecting "Cancel"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1822966
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.